Driving a Luxury European Import in Toronto? You’re Going to Need These Services
Your European vehicle is sleek. It’s modern. It’s the ultimate ride. It’s also going to need regular service if you’re driving it in severe city conditions. Keep reading to learn more about the most common services you’ll need for your BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, Volvo or Land Rover if you’re driving in Toronto.
- Alignment—Regular alignment is critical when you’re driving a luxury import. Proper performance and top-notch handling depend on it, so be on the lookout for uneven wear, pulling to one side or an off center steering wheel.
- Timing belt replacement— Your timing belt synchronizes the engine’s functions and keeps it running at peak performance. Please look in your owner’s manual to see if your car is equipped with a timing belt and at what mileage it needs to be replaced.
- Brake system repairs—With Toronto’s stop-and-go traffic, the brakes on your Mercedes will need frequent service. The entire system should be checked every year including the pads, shoes, rotors and callipers.
- Fluid changes—Keep your fluid levels topped up at all times and change according to your manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Oil and filter and spark plug changes—Luxury European imports like Audi, Volvo, Porsche and Mercedes have their own filter and spark plug replacement and service schedules. Consult your owner’s manual for more information.
- Suspension repairs—With all the potholes and streetcar tracks in Toronto, your suspension will need attention at least once a year. A worn suspension can result in excessive bouncing, unusual noise and uneven tire wear.
- Tire changes and seasonal storage services—Check the pressure of your tires during the season change and have the tires rotated based on the manufacturer’s recommendation to ensure even wear and precision handling.
City driving can be severe. Abrupt turns, stop-and-go traffic and salty roads can all take a toll on your vehicle. Central Import in Toronto offers quick appointment bookings from our modern, state-of-the-art facility with advanced diagnostic equipment that caters to European luxury brands such as:
Come to Central Import for specialized Mercedes, Volvo, Porsche, BMW or Audi service in Toronto. We’re a family-run business for over 40 years, located in the heart of downtown Toronto, just five minutes from the financial district. Contact us today to learn more about the services we offer or to schedule an appointment.